Sunday, December 9, 2007

Introduction

Health problems can be very personal, but sharing them can bring comfort to myself and to others. I hope to make some discoveries during the process of reading and writing about the medical issues that challenge me and those close to me.

I am a woman of the baby-boom generation who reluctantly realized that her prime of life had slipped away while she ran around doing other things. My reproductive years are behind me but plenty of productive years are still ahead, I hope.

My husband is a couple of years older than I am and is dealing with more serious health issues than mine. Perhaps writing about his struggle with cancer will help me deal with the fears that it brings.

I'll be using invented or altered names for the sake of privacy. Otherwise, expect an honest diary.

Please feel free to add your comments.

0 comments: